Wednesday 5 March 2008

Portland

Day 1) Record shopping; went to see Death Songs (aka, The Shaky Hands, the band that realeased my favourite LP of 2007) at Doug Fir

Day 2) Record shopiing; went to see Colin Meloy from The Decemberists play a tiny instore performance to about 100 people.

Day 3) Record shopping; went to see British Sea Power at Doug Fir. Amazing.

The most relaxed and musically orientated place I've ever been to. The perfect city.

Drunk lots, spent lots: very tired.

Now I'm in Seattle. I haven't really seen any of Seattle, despite being here 24 hours. Got in about 4pm Tuesday, was totally fucked from BSP the night before so hit the hay. Woke up this morning, went to the pub to watch the terrible West Ham game. Might go and see Tilly and Wall tonight, although I've got a feeling it will be terrible. Leave tommorow. I'm so tired and exhausted from this two month pub-crawl (sorry, "travelling") and now can't wait to get home.

In case anyone is still reading this, I'll be in Chinnor on Saturday 8th for bevvies, and then Leicester on Satuday 15th, for soft drinks. See you then. And thanks.

No comments: