Sunday 10 February 2008

Baltimore/Philadelphia

So the past week was spent rekindling my student youth. Goucher (a short train ride from Baltimore) was really cool. We polished off some keg beer, drunk horrible tequila and went on some comedy semi-Mardi Gras parade through the campus.

On the Tuesday I checked out what Baltimore had to offer. It is kinda nice around the harbour. Lots of boats, naturally. The area 'Fells Point' was particularly noteworthy, with lovely cobbled streets, nice pubs and a swicked record store.

Then came Thursday. Oh the dread Thursday. My first and last night in Philadelphia, and a chance to catch up with Si over a few beers (this would probably be our last night together, to add to the 'recipe for destruction'). Throw a couple of beers in there, plus two Frenchmen with an appetite for bevvie, and it was always going to end up a little worse for where. Oh yeah, and I had a plane booked for 8.30 the following morning. Like a total twat, I lost all knowledge of time, stayed out till gone 2 and consequently missed my flight on Friday morning.

After a couple of expletives, I packed my bags and went down to the bus station. Bus to Austin, Texas = 1 day 17 hours. As it happens, it was alright. We went through Nashville, Memphis and Dallas, so I got to see some of the country. Who am I kidding, it was hell. We stopped every hour and it was cramped as fuck.

But, who cares, I here in Austin now, over looking the lake, getting ready for the Dead Meadow w/ Black Mountain gig tonight. I've got my plane booked to San Diego on Friday (which I WILL catch). Until then I think I'm gonna do lots of walking in the days, then go watch bands at night. Hope people are reading this shit, and enjoying it. If anyone wants to go to Europe in March, holla at me. Good times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude I'm reading this.
Sounds bloody amazing, all of it.
When do you get back to now sunny sunny england? and Do you have a crazy looking beard?

Anonymous said...

dude - nice missed plane. these things happen. comedy ol' blog. so, you didnt get to see dallas, man? the grassy knowle, book depository and trail of lies ? after we studied it in school and everything. i did days striaght on a bus in africa - and yeah, its not nice. no one bit. keep it up bro.

Anonymous said...

did ya run up the rocky stairs (art museum) in Philadelphia? i would go there just to do that! lol enjoying the blog.

Anonymous said...

When u say boats do u mean BOAT or yacht/ship?

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.